Monday, October 27, 2008





Making friends with the locals



Sleeping in the Sukkah at our friend's home in Jerusalem




Finally, toys!! Zion hadn't played with toys in a while, then he was inundated with them at our friend's house. But of course, he loved it.


Beautiful Red Sea in Eilat






Yom Kippur

Matching traditional Ethiopian clothes. We got these in Ethiopia so the guys would have something white to wear on Yom Kippur.

Camping in a wadi in the Negev


The Bedouins walked their heards right by us



The amazing Dead Sea!! I have never seen such amazing color of water!







This is a little 2 year old girl, the youngest of 10. We stayed with them at their property in the north where they are building a sustainable way of life thru gardening and living off the land.


This was Zion at his happiest! Playing with rocks!! And mud!


...This is what happens when you take the rocks away.

Sachne~ Natural spring water in the north of Israel. They have made a water park out of a series of pools and waterfalls. So nice and refreshing. We love naked babies!


Enjoying the Golan Heights



Bringing out the sailor heart on the Sea of Galilee







Boat ride on the Kineret







Praying at the Wall



Outside the Old City wall in Jerusalem


He took 2 naps like this during our 9 hour flight to Frankfurt.

This is how our miracle baby sat for 6 hours straight with us...absolutely unheard of from our little guy...until this trip, that is.

Learning to walk at the water park

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! love all the new photos! Zion is getting so big! and your hair is so long! Just adds to your eternal beauty :) looks like you guys have been having some amazing experiences. Miss you!

lacy rain said...

Oh man Eliza, I can't believe how much we have to catch up on! But I am very excited to do so, even if all you have been up to is a little overwhelming to think I could catch up on ;) I will be back in Seattle on Friday for two months after a two month hiatus to figure out what I'm 'doing with my life'. Please. Ok, I will call you soon! I love you.

Lori Anne said...

How awesome! I love all the pics and I'm ready to go, just say when! Ha!!! What beautiful people. The children are just so cute. I love naked babies too!! We are planning on going to Israel next year for fall feast. Want to come! Would love to go with you guys to Ethiopia. Maybe we could take a side trip! Love ya!