Thursday, May 10, 2012

My best day yet

I have always been one to enjoy sneaking into places. Like places I don't have tickets for, or have not payed to enter, especially something exclusive. Here in Hawaii, all the beaches are accessible to the public. So I get to pretend like I am staying at fancy hotels and galavant around resorts. Yesterday we went to Ko Olina which has a series of four almost identical lagoons. We made ourselves comfortable at lagoon number 2. It was the cleanest water I have ever swam in! Soft, white sand, gentle breeze thru the palm trees. Truly paradise.


Natanel had to go do some work at a nearby Starbucks, so after setting up the tent and getting settled, he took off. Shortly after, a beach patrol drove up and told me I had to take the tent down (should have known. It did feel a little ghetto like that around all the hotels) so with three tired little guys (it was nap time) I braved the beach and tried to get little Naphtali to sleep. 

Success!

So after Natanel returned, I left him to snorkle and play with the boys while I walked to the end of all the lagoons.


And then! Noah finally overcame his sentiments towards the beach and joined in on the fun!


And even ventured into the water (well, I sort of made him, but turns out he liked it)





When we were sufficiently hungry, we ventured over to the Disney Aulani Resort for dinner and exploration.



We almost went to the nice restaurant, but since any of the children could have lost it at any given moment, we opted for a take away "One paddle, Two paddle" and ate poolside overlooking the ocean.




This was an amazing splash area for the little ones where you wade ankle deep in water or climb around and go down a small water slide. So cool.

Everyone was extremely nice! So friendly. The aloha spirit in conjunction with the disney spirit is a good combo. =) We even got waved thru the parking lot even though our free, validated parking was expired. They knew us as the "box with all the writing on it" aka the Scion.

4 comments:

Rita / Emma / Bubbe said...

It looks like you had an amazing day in Paradise. Zion and Noah are almost the same size. Noah didn't move his feet in the sand, but he looks like he became "one" with the ocean. I love the squeals of delight and the joys of exploring the island of the sun.
The stories of the Latimers on adventure island continues...

burtihal said...

Thank you so much for sharing your holiday and family with us! I am overjoyed that you have this experience to share with Natanel and your gorgeous family. I read each narrative and watched each photo and video with a big smile on my face. I love you! Auntie Hali

Hahnna said...

Sneaking into places you haven't paid for is called trespassing...but whatever. :) Love you!

Erika said...

Eliza! I saw your link to this blog on your Facebook page. It is so delightful to see the adventures you are having together in Hawaii. What a precious experience to share. So glad that Noah conquered sand! :-)
- Erika