Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Goodbye Hawaii (for now)

Our last couple days in the Hawaiian paradise were ethereal. We went to Hanama bay, and found ourselves a nice little cove under the cliffs edge to set up our family. The boys played with the crashing waves, tempting them to try to catch them or they sat with their feet in a natural hot tub build for their feet alone. Naphtali made eyes at the lady next to us. Eliza and I swam with the fish. It was like being in a fish tank. Life was swarming around us. It seemed so tame until I swam next to a Morray Eel, which reminded me we this was still the wild.



Then to finish off our time we were fortunate enough to join our friend Kawika to surf at one of the most amazingly peaceful beaches. I was giddy like a school girl (Isn't that how the saying goes). Eliza and I both tried. I got up a few of times, I want to do this everyday. I wish the water in Washington was this warm. We have very few pictures of this day, which is evident of how relaxing and fun it was.

No comments: