Sunday, April 29, 2012

Feed the Birds

Not all our children share the same opinion about the beach. Zion loves it. Noah, not so much. So my goal for last Thursday was to find a spot where Zion could play in the water (with waves, because mellow water is apparently for babies), where Noah could sit on something untouched by sand (because sand on any part of his skin feels "dirty"), and where I could drag the stroller not far from cement to beach (because when I take all 3 little ones out by myself I have to put Noah and Liam in the stroller together to contain them and all our stuff). So I found the perfect spot! We walked thru the Beverly Hills of Waikiki one mile (because the premise of the outing was really just to walk around. I wasn't certain that I could brave the beach by myself with all of them) until we meandered our way to the water. There I found a few umbrellas set up with 2 padded lounge chairs fully shaded underneath. They were for rent, but I just dragged the stroller thru (like only 10 feet. so close!) and plopped down our stuff. No one seemed to care or be too eager to kick us out. Zion ran and played and had so much fun. Noah, meanwhile, was sharing his snack with a few friendly birds. He was quietly sitting on his lounge chair as he noticed a hungry little bird hop by and so he began pinching off little pieces to share. Well, by the time I had gotten up to scold Zion for throwing sand so close to the people nearby, and returned to the umbrella, Noah had attracted  countless more birds. I didn't even know how to get back onto the safety of the lounge chair because the whole sand area around us had been contaminated by little bird feet! Such a nightmare. I squealed and scampered and made even more of a scene then I already am out alone with my 3 sons. But perhaps my little Noah is just stepping up into his namesake. I guess he needs some enjoyable activity to bide his time at the beach. Bless his little heart. :) And lord help mine (to love animals more).

2 comments:

Abba-Sabba said...

I'd love to see a video of Noah and the birds. Remember that Hawaii is infamous for its riptides that pull people out and suck them up. No need to fear as long as Zion... and his parents stay close to the sand. There are usually signs warning of the currents that suck you up and out. Have fun. Don't burn. See God is this amazing creation. I love and miss you all.
Abba

Rita / Emma / Bubbe said...

I will call your little one "Saint Noah of Waikiki". I would love to see a photo of this. Keep your camera with you because every moment in Hawaii is a "Kodak moment". (That is a bit old-fashioned because Kodak is now bankrupt). Keep your cell phone, iPhone, digital camera, etc. with you. I know that you LOVE sunsets. I am sure you see some amazing ones on the 22nd floor.