Monday, April 11, 2011

Charming and not so charming

Life here has really been going by fast. And I just want to say that care taking of children definitely trumps any other daily activity. Life is consumed with meeting the needs of little ones no matter what part of the world you live in.


For example, today we were supposed to begin the garden, which everyone did...except for me. I was confined to the house desperately trying to get my children to sleep during nap time.
I knew it wouldn't be easier here, perhaps even harder, even though there are four other kids.


But I guess sometimes I'd just like a vacation. This is not a vacation. This is not even where I feel like I would choose to be. I find myself feeling awkward a lot of the time, trying to not be just guests, but also not having invested the same amount as all the others here. But this is where we are supposed to be, so I am choosing to trust the Lord and believe Him for meeting all other needs. God is changing so much in my heart already. I am a work in progress. We all are. And I am grateful for this time to set apart concentrated effort on cultivating the garden of my heart. So that my life will bear much fruit and be a beautiful thing to behold.


On the way to the train.






Exploring the city of Gex



Street market in Divonne Les Bain






Exploring Geneva.










4 comments:

israel said...

I loved ur comment you made about cultivating the garden of your heart... U are a good mama! We love u.

Hahnna said...

I was going to say something similar to Izzy! That was very poetic and reflective. This blog will be a great reminder for you when this season has moved on to another. Keep posting!

Rita / Emma / Bubbe said...

Dear Mama Eliza
You have a beautiful heart and a life that bears much fruit already (27 years-almost 28)!
I wish that I could help you with the boys, to give you some R&R. They are always so much fun.
Thank you for posting all of the amazing photos of your adventures in Switzerland. You can write a book entitled, Swiss Family Latimer. The pictures are pricelss. The subjects are precious. The scenery is spectacular. You are in my thoughts, prayers, and heart.
I miss you so much and send my love.

Elisha Marie said...

missing you a lot today. Love reading about all that is going on xoxox