Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sowing and Reaping

An Austrian lady came and spoke about all the work that she is doing in the African country of Mali, and I feel that my eyes have been opened. I give her most of the credit because she was sharing moving information, but really it was probably a collective effort of the things happening in my life that developed slowly over the years and really have been taking shape over the past few days. She begins to explain all the work that she is doing, peaching to the villages and taking in the local street kids that are really taken advantage of in truly unspeakable ways. She has already built a couple of houses for the children to educate and disciple. God is really moving and changing things there. The reality on the ground is that they hardly ever have more then one-third of the finances they need before the due date, then even more striking is that their biggest hinderance is not the persecution of others, but the lack of trustworthy people to help. It takes time to raise up native leaders who are actually discipled and have biblical integrity she explains. So, there is no more reaching out to other villages all because there are not enough helpers. How crazy! It isn't the lack of finances (God always makes a way, even though that shouldn't be a factor, with the number of churches and the wealth in the US and Europe), it isn't the lack of healings, or even closed doors... but our lack of us wanting to step out into that "faith place" that is really stopping the kingdom from advancing. The harvest is ripe and the fields are ready. Now may we be ready to hear His call.

-N

2 comments:

Rita / Emma / Bubbe said...

Hi, lovely Latimers. I am impressed with your tenderness and your compassion towards the "people of the world". It is God's heart to touch His children with mercy, lovingkindness, and forgiveness. He is calling us, as believers, to live in such a way that we can bring encouragement and hope to those around us. It should be a lifestyle of looking for opportunities to bring healing and truth to this generation.
"The Spirit of God is upon me because God has anointed me.
He has sent me to preach good news to the poor,
heal the heartbroken,
Announce freedom to all captives,
pardon all prisoners.
God has sent me to announce the year of His grace...
to care for the needs of all who mourn in Zion,
give them bouquets of roses instead of ashes,
Messages of joy instead of news of doom,
a praising heart instead of a spirit of despair.
Rename them "Oaks of Righteousness"
planted by God to display His glory."
Isaiah 61:1-3
I thank God for your obedience and your heart of worship.
I miss you and love you, Latimers.

burtihal said...

Dear Eliza,
I heard you were leaving after you had already left! I tried to call, hoping you were atill at an airport, but your phone was already disconnected.

I am loving reading about your travels and learning about yourself. This is a wonderful opportunity for you and all your family. I do worry though, that you get enough rest. These are important months for you. OK, enough with the lecture!

Be well, keep writing and give my love to all your boys! I am especially sad to have missed Noah's birthday, but you will kiss him for me, I'm sure!
Love you so much,
Auntie Hali