Thursday, April 18, 2013

Humniska - Movie Star

So most of the time with the families there were full of joy and mutual love, but throughout the meal they kept looking at me and saying I look like someone famous like one of the movie stars, they just couldn't remember who.

This was quite flattering.

So I inquired to figure out to which one she was referring. To my surprise it was not one of the modern, handsome Hollywood names that one would love to be compared, but it was from an 80's TV show called "Shogun" and to me not knowing the show it sounded cool until I saw an image.


Image Source
Oh, man how perfect. I forget sometimes other countries get american shows after they have gone out of style in the US. Well...at least I got a sword.

-ND

3 comments:

Hahnna said...

That was SO funny! Did we get that recorded? I definitely see the resemblance. :)

Rita / Emma / Bubbe said...

That was a riot! I think that you look like Ashton Kutcher. I guess his movies haven't made it to Poland yet. Don't let the movie star comments go to your head. You made us all laugh. It was a blessing to bring some joy into the emotional gathering. Thanks for the memories! Maybe you should pursue a career in acting.

burtihal said...

Richard Chamberlain was a huge star in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I definitely see the resemblance. Shogan is one of my favorite books, and was made into a mini-series. You really should read it. it's quite fascinating and will make you want to go to Japan on your next trip!