Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Guys

Here are some photos of my favorite men in my life...



Having Natanel as the father of my baby is honestly the most amazing part of this whole parenting experience so far. He is what brings me such joy. Zion is 5 1/2 months old now, and a ton of fun, but in the begining, when I was sleep deprived, hormonal, and didn't know what else to do with my screaming baby, it was Natanel that made the smile return to my face. Seeing him fall in love with the tiny new baby in our bed was magical. Zion was the first diaper he ever changed, the first finger nails he ever clipped, the first baby he ever actually wanted to hold or swaddle. His insticts were strong and right on. I so needed him. And to have a partner, a friend who genuinely desired to be there with me thru it all was the greatest gift. He is the best papa in the world. I couldn't imagine going thru this experience with anyone else. And I have committed to put him first as my husband, to care for his needs before our children (in general, yet with exceptions of course) because it is the love in our relationship that created the offspring in the first place! I choose to foster our love first because one day our son will be all grown up and he will leave us to make a life of his own and Natanel and I will still be together, as the Lord is willing. I believe I have such a treasure...I am experiencing a heavenly marriage, a tangible example of the way God loves us, His bride. I am truly blessed by my guys.

17 comments:

Lorraine Marie said...

Hey Eliza!

I'm glad to be the first to officially comment on your blog. Thanks for inviting me to view your world - I hope you provide updates often!

God bless,
Lorraine

faithsalutes said...

Your baby is so delicious.

Alishia said...

Are anti-technology? I'm glad you have a blog now I can watch you!!! Are you anti-technology now? :) Beautiful baby, beautiful family. I love what you wrote. You say it well.
xoxo

Unknown said...

Love getting a sneak peak at what's been going on in your life! You look radiant as ever, and I have to agree, you've got two pretty awesome fellas in your life! Miss you like crazy!

Kamie said...

Thanks for letting us know about your new adventures. Hopefully, someday soon, Briand and I will be able to make it up to Washington and see everyone!

Kamie

grace said...

Hey, Eliza! This is great! That first picture of Natanel and Zion is a little racy though. You've got to be careful what you put on the internet. :) See you soon!
G

aletheia said...

eliza! zion is soooooooooooooooooooooo adorable! he looks like a slobodkin, hehe. i can't wait to visit seattle again and meet your husband and baby! i'm so happy to hear and see how God is blessing and growing you!

Melissa A said...

Congratulations on starting a blog! Something I have been wanting to do since the new year, since I read interior design blogs all the time. You are one more inspiration to finally start I love the pictures and thank you for sharing them.

A. Morgenroth said...

Hi Eliza! Thanks for sharing your life and your pictures. See you at BT.

Song said...

Eliza! Love the new blog! Thanks for commenting on our site - Matt and I really want to stay in touch with you and Natanel. Anytime you feel like visiting KC again, we'd love to have you! Our boys would have a blast! Your little man is precious - congratulations on a wonderful marriage and family - what a gift of God!

Unknown said...

Your love for each other is really a example of God's love and I have enjoyed your presence.

Nee said...

Eliza! Thanks for sharing...it is so fun to see pictures of your new boys, your new life. I am grateful you let me peek :)
Renee (Bishop) Clark

Nee said...

Eliza! Thanks for sharing...it is so fun to see pictures of your boys, your life. Thanks for letting me peek. I will check back periodically so I can ooh-and-ahh:)
I am so happy for you...
Renee (Bishop) Clark

Nee said...

Eliza...Thanks for sharing. It is so fun to see pictures of your boys, your life. Thanks for letting me peek. I am so happy for you :)
Renee(Bishop)Clark

Nee said...

Can you tell I'm new at this too? I think I just sent the same comment 3 times :) YES, i love technology!

burtihal said...

What a magnificent creation, and I'm not talking about the blog! Of course, the blog is awesome too. It's a wonderful way for your Califonia relatives to see the growth and progree of their favorite Washington nephew.

I love him and I love you.
Auntie Hali

Abba-Sabba said...

Did you say your "favorite men in your life"? Excuse me, but didn't you forget a few, namely two?

Abba