Monday, January 28, 2008

Tribute to My Aunties

It snowed in Seattle today. I was scheduled to work, but couldn't get there due to ice and snow. This turned out to be a good thing for my mom who was going to take care of Zion because he was unusually irritable due to cutting teeth. As I tried to console him, I sat down in my glider rocking chair, cradling my teething baby. He usually does not like to snuggle, but today, he let me hold him, rock him, and sing him to sleep as he sweetly sucked his thumb. And at this moment I realized how thankful I was to my Aunts. They are the ones who gave this rocking chair to me as a gift. If it weren't for them, who knows if I would have experienced this moment.

My Auntie Sheila, Auntie Hali, and Auntie Mickey are three wonderful people. They came all the way to Seattle from LA to throw me a baby shower while I was pregnant (We missed Auntie Mickey because she was unable to make that trip. She came to Zion's Bris though). It was the largest, most extravagant shower I had ever been a part of. I was so overwhelmed by all the love and support shown. I felt so undeserving. But it was there that they presented the rocking chair to me, the one that I have nursed my little guy in, sung my Bobie's songs softly, and today, got to hold my strong, independent son in a rare moment of comforting serenity. And so I thank them!


These pics have nothing to do with the above content. I just thought I'd show the many uses of my favorite baby carrier wrap. Apparently Zion likes to swing in hammocks. =)



2 comments:

Jes said...

You are such a beautiful Momma! Thanks for posting the pics of the little guy! Love you

burtihal said...

Dear Eliza,
Your aunties were honored to host your shower, and love that you will have special memories of Zion in the rocker. We just wish we lived closer and could see Zion Max's growth every day. This blog is just the next best thing.

We love you, we love Natanel and we love your boy.
Auntie Hali
XOXOX